American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine organise International Physician Scholarships in the USA. Eligible physicians must permanently reside in low and middle-income countries as defined by World Bank.
The aim of the scholarship is to educate physicians and practice settings to achieve high levels of competency in hospice and palliative medicine.
American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM) is the professional organization for physicians specializing in hospice and palliative medicine, nurses, and other healthcare providers. Since 1988, the Academy has dedicated itself to advancing hospice and palliative medicine and improving the care of patients with serious illness.
|Deadline||:||21 August 2017|
|Study in||:||United States|
|Providers||:||American Academy of Hospice|
|Field of Study||:||Physicians (medicine)|
The scholarship will cover the following:
- This scholarship program provides financial support (up to $5,000) to scholarship recipients to cover ordinary costs associated with attending the Annual Assembly registration and travel-related expenses, including air fare, taxi fare, meals, and lodging. At the Annual Assembly, scholarship recipients will gain access to the latest clinical information and research updates in hospice and palliative care from leading experts in the field.
Eligibility for Physician Scholarships:
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarship:
- Members of the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine AAHPM (free virtual membership is available to physicians who reside in a developing nation as defined by the World Bank as “lower or middle income” & HINARI list of eligible countries)
- Have not previously attended the Annual Assembly
- Are junior in their career with 2-10 years of experience primarily in palliative care., including as a resident or fellow focused on studying palliative care.
- Whose organizations are considered least able to afford this opportunity?
Applicants of Armenia, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Bangladesh, Kosovo, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Kyrgyz Republic, Sudan, Bolivia, LaoPDR, Swaziland, Cabo Verde, Lesotho, Syrian Arab Republic, Cambodia, Mauritania, Tajikistan, Cameroon, Micronesia, Fed. Sts. Timor-Leste, Congo Rep., Moldova, Tonga, Côte d’Ivoire, Mongolia, Tunisia, Djibouti, Morocco, Ukraine, Egypt, Arab Rep., Myanmar, Uzbekistan, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Vanuatu, Ghana, Nigeria , Vietnam, Guatemala, Pakistan, West Bank and Gaza, Honduras, Papua New Guinea , Yemen, India, Philippines,Zambia ,Indonesia, Samoa, Kenya and São Tomé and Principe can apply for the scholarship.
1,369 total views, 9 views today