Applications are invited for Australian Government Research Training Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. Research Training Scholarship is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that cover international tuition fees and also provides a stipend.
The aim of the scholarships is to support international students in the field of research.
Flinders University is a public university in Adelaide, South Australia. The university is ranked within the world’s top 400 institutions in the Academic Ranking of World Universities. Flinders University offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Flinders University is renowned for world-class research and innovation that is relevant, of high quality, and has real impact.
|Deadline||:||14 August 2017|
|Course Level||:||Research training|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
These Scholarships will cover the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree, and provides the recipient and dependents with student health cover. In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $26,862 per annum (2017 rate). It is tax exempt and indexed annually. An IPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Numbers of Scholarships: Five.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarships:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any overseas country, except New Zealand, and satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- Applicants must meet the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- Applicants must not hold an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a research higher degree in Australia for the first time.
- Applicants must not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship.
Applicants from any overseas country, except New Zealand and Australia can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants are required to have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year).
English Language Requirement: Applicants must successfully complete a pre-course English program from an approved ELICOS Provider.