Applications are invited for ECU Higher Degree by Research International Scholarship in Australia. Applications are open for international students to pursue Masters and PhD degree at the Edith Cowan University in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||26 October 2018|
|Providers||:||Edith Cowan University|
|Course Level||:||PhD or Master degree by research|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of ECU Higher Degree by Research International Scholarship:
The scholarship includes a stipend of $28,420 per annum to be paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer. Other benefits include a relocation allowance (where applicable) and Overseas Students Health Cover (where applicable).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Nationality: International students
Eligibility for ECU Higher Degree by Research International Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible applicants must have met the minimum requirements below:
- Have been made an unconditional offer of place in an ECU higher degree by research course*
And at least one of the following:
- Completed an Australian first class Bachelor Honours Degree (H1)*.
- Completed a Master’s Degree with the equivalent of at least 6 months full time research and a minimum course weighted average of 70%*.
- A current research doctoral enrolment with a timely Confirmation of Candidature.
- Completed your first year of an ECU Integrated PhD (J42) with a minimum course weighted average of 80%*.
- Produced at least one of the research outputs below as the sole or first author:
- refereed article in a scholarly journal
- refereed full written conference publication
- scholarly research book or book chapter
- commissioned or peer reviewed creative work, or refereed exhibition of creative artefacts
- creative or design work that has received respected public/industry reviews in state or national/international media;
- creative or design work that is the recipient of a grant from authorised philanthropic trusts and/or state and federal arts funding body
Special exemption from the above requirements may be granted by the Associate Dean (Research) of the relevant School where an adequate case has been made by a potential supervisor.
*If you have submitted an application for course entry and have not yet been issued an offer, or you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor Honours Degree, a Master’s Degree or Integrated PhD you can apply for this scholarship and your application will be assessed conditional on achieving the minimum requirements.
You are not eligible to apply for ECU Higher Degree by Research International Scholarship if any of the below apply:
- You have been given entry to the ECU Integrated PhD (J42) and you have not yet completed your first year.
- You have completed an Australian Research Doctorate Degree or equivalent.
- You have completed a Master by Research and you are seeking admission to an ECU Master by Research.
- You are have been in receipt of an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the last two years.
- English Language Requirements for ECU Higher Degree by Research International Scholarship:
- IELTS: An overall band score of 6.5, with no individual band less than 6
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 573, including Test of Written English of 5.0 or better
- TOEFL Ibt: Minimum score of 84, with no individual score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): PTE Academic 64, with no score less than 58 for postgraduate standard entry courses
University of Cambridge [Cambridge English: Advanced]-Pre-2015: A score between 58 to 66 with no less than ‘Borderline’ in any element of the test. Post-2015: An overall score of 176, with no individual band less than 169