Applications are invited for Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship in Australia. Applications are open for African students to pursue an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||21 December 2018|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate or postgraduate degree|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Benefits of Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship:
They provide AU$5000 annually towards your tuition fees for the length of the course (AU$2500 is credited against your tuition fees each semester).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Nationality: African students
Eligibility for Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: African students (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- be a citizen of an African country.
- have applied for undergraduate or postgraduate coursework through a registered Macquarie University agent or through our online application system.
- have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at Macquarie University.
- commence study in the session and year indicated in your scholarship letter of offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- You’re not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- Students who are on an English-packaged course are eligible for this scholarship if they commence their course in 2018 or 2019.
- You’re not eligible if you have received any other Macquarie University scholarship (which may include the UAC Scholarship) for this course of study unless you have been advised otherwise by a representative of the university.
- To remain eligible for this scholarship, you must stay enrolled in your original approved course of study and pass all units within the course.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
English Language Requirements for Macquarie University Africa Development Scholarship:
Applicants must have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course offered at our North Ryde campus.