Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates in Austria
Applications are invited for Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates in Austria. Application is open for international students to pursue Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduate programme for 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 March 2018|
Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria
|Course Level||:||Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduate programme|
|Field of Study||:||Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts|
Benefits for Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates in Austria :
- Monthly scholarship instalment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Accomodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accomodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office.The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neithermembers of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates and Postgraduates in Austria:
Eligible Countries: International students (except Austria) are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible for application are
- Descendents of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
- Or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers.
Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research
- On their bachelor thesis
- On their diploma or master thesis
- Or their dissertation.
No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
Doctoral students: 40 years (born on or after March 1, 1978)
for other students: 35 years (born on or after March 1, 1983)
English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command over English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.