Applications are invited for University of Sydney Postgraduate Research Scholarships in Australia. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD degree in 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 November 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Sydney|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree|
|Field of Study||:||Scholarships are awarded in any of the courses within in faculty of science at the University of Sydney.|
Benefits for University of Sydney Postgraduate Research Scholarships :
The scholarship consists of the full cost of academic tuition fees plus a stipend equivalent to an Australian Postgraduate Award indexed annually (RTP stipend rates for 2016 are $26,288 for full-time students), and is awarded for three years, subject to satisfactory progress, with a possible extension of up to six months.
Number of Scholarships: A limited number of full-time postgraduate research scholarships to outstanding international students.
Nationality for University of Sydney Postgraduate Research Scholarships :
International students (except Australia or New Zealand)
Eligibility for University of Sydney Postgraduate Research Scholarships :
Eligible Countries: International students (except Australia or New Zealand) can apply for these postgraduate research scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in the final year of a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Science or relevant discipline, or an equivalent degree (such as a combined Bachelors/Honours/Masters degree), at an international university (a non-Australian university). The final year of the degree must include a research component which accounts for a minimum of 25% of the year;
- Have achieved a GPA greater than 85 or an average A grade, or have a relevant subject-specific GPA of 90, or equivalent;
- May not be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency in Australia;
- Be commencing full-time postgraduate research study at the University for the first time;
- Not be in receipt of any other tuition fee scholarship;
- Successfully complete their 4th year of their current Bachelors Degree in Science meeting the academic requirements of the scholarship and complete in time to commence studies at the University of Sydney in the relevant year and research period.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have an overall band score of 6.5 or better with no band below 6.0.
313 total views, 12 views today