Applications are invited for Fully Funded Ghent University Scholarships in Belgium. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 April 2018|
|Field of Study||:||Environmental Humanities|
Benefits of Fully Funded Ghent University Scholarships :
- Conditions of employment:
- The position begins 1 October 2018.
- The scholarship is initially offered for a period of two years and can be renewed for another two-year period upon positive evaluation.
- The net amount of the scholarship will be approximately €1900 per month, gradually rising to approximately €2100 per month in the fourth year. The PhD student will also receive a holiday allowance and an end-of-year bonus, and enjoy full social security coverage. Additional financial support is available for conference and workshop attendance.
- The PhD student will be based at Ghent University.
- The PhD student will complete the doctoral training programme offered by the Doctoral School of Arts, Humanities, and Law.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Ghent University Scholarships :
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Candidates should have:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field, such as English, Comparative Literature, or Environmental Humanities (candidates near to completion may also submit applications, indicating the expected date of the degree);
- An outstanding academic record;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English;
- A reading knowledge of at least one of the other three project languages;
- An aptitude for original, independent, and creative work as well as for working in a team.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent writing and speaking skills in English.