Applications are invited for Fully Funded Ghent University Scholarships in Belgium. Applications are open for international students to pursue Postdoctoral for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 April 2018|
|Field of Study||:||Host-Microbe Interactions and Intestinal Cancer|
Benefits of Fully Funded Ghent University Scholarships:
- The university offers:
- A 4 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute
- The candidate will be embedded in a competitive international research group of about 10 highly motivated (and very nice) people that work together as a team.
- The lab is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe – Starting date: as soon as possible, but flexible.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Ghent University Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a PhD or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include working with murine cancer models, intestinal organoid cell culture, immune histochemistry, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo. – Experience in omics techniques and bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.