Applications are invited for Transportation Sciences Scholarships at university of Hasselt in Belgium. Application is open for International Students to pursue Masters in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 March 2018|
|Field of Study||:||Transportation Sciences|
Benefits for Transportation Sciences Scholarships:
- These scholarships will cover the followings:
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Eligibility for Transportation Sciences Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger, Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam, Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria: The maximum age for a Master programme candidate is 35 years for an initial masters and 40 years for an advanced master. The maximum age for a training candidate is 45 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Please note that from 2018 onwards, age is no longer an eligibility criterion for ITP scholarship candidates. Depending on the objectives of the programme, the required knowledge of the candidates and the planned follow-up trajectories after completion of the programme, the course organizers can decide to install a selection criterion related to the age of the candidates.
- Professional background and experience
- VLIR-UOS gives priority to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, social economy or NGO’s, or aim a career in one of these sectors. However, also candidates employed in the profit sector or newly graduated candidates without any work experience (for Master programmes) can be eligible for the scholarship.
- The training candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
- English Language Requirements: The participants are expected to have both a passive and active command of the English language at a reasonable level. A participant should be able to follow ex-cathedra lessons, take notes and present some case studies themselves. Proof of English proficiency has to be submitted. This can be one or more of the below:
- 1-year comprehensive English-based instruction at a university or recognized equivalent
- Passed for a TOEFL test (min. score 550 PBT, 213 CBT or 79 IBT)
- Passed for IELTS test (min. overall band score of 6.0)
- Passed another English test of similar level as TOEFL or IELTS