University of Ghent Scholarships for International Students in Belgium
Applications are invited for University of Ghent Scholarships in Belgium. Applications are open for international students to pursue Postdoctoral for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 April 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Ghent|
|Field of Study||:||Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology|
Benefits of University of Ghent Scholarships :
- This position offers:
A 4 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary.
The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute.
The candidate will be embedded in a competitive international research group of about 10 highly motivated (and very nice) people that work together as a team.
The lab is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe.
Starting date: as soon as possible, but flexible.
Eligibility for University of Ghent Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Profile of the candidate
- The candidate must hold a PhD or should be expecting to obtain a PhD in the near future.
- The candidate should have experience in the areas of Host-Microbe Interactions and Mucosal Immunology in the intestinal tract.
- The candidate must hold a Felasa C diploma (or equivalent) allowing him/her to work with laboratory animals.
- The required skills include working with mouse models, flow cytometry, cell culture, molecular and cell biological techniques in vitro and in vivo. – Experience in omics techniques and bioinformatics would be a plus.
- Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply for competitive fellowships during their stay in the lab.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must be proficient in oral and written English, have excellent communication and multi-tasking skills, be team-oriented, proactive and results-driven.