The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.
Tenable in Universiti Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to study at any of the following institutions of higher education:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
|Deadline||:||13 March 2017|
|Study in||:||Brunei Darussalam|
|Providers||:||The Government of Brunei Darussalam|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate, Masters and PhD|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
The Government of Brunei Darussalam will bear the following expenses:
- Tuition Fees
- An economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the applicant’s country of origin and vice-versa upon completion of the programme.
- A monthly personal allowance of BND 500.00
- A monthly food allowance of BND 150.00
- An annual book allowance of BND 600.00
- Baggage allowance for shipment of your personal effects to your country of origin upon completion of the programme,at a maximum amount of:
- BND 250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region or
- BND 500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region.
- Accomodation at the residential college of the University/Polytechnic
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries;
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government;
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority (ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant;
- Applicants must be, between the age of 18-25 for undergraduate and diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for postgraduate programmes on the 31s July 2017.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Eligible Regions: Open to all, but not limited to ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC members.