Applications are invited for Affiliated Doctoral Fellowships at the University of British Columbia in Canada. Applications are open for International Students to pursue PhD degree programme in the 2019-2020 academic year. Up to 50 scholarships are available.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 December 2018|
|Providers||:||University of British Columbia|
|Course Level||:||Doctoral degree program|
|Field of Study||:||With the exception of those program listed below, students in all fields of graduate study are eligible to apply. Exceptions:|
Benefits of Affiliated Doctoral Fellowships:
Fellowship values range from $175 to $30,000, but most are in the range of $16,000.
Nationality: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships for Affiliated Doctoral Fellowships:
The university offers 50 Affiliated Fellowships each year to meritorious students.
Eligibility for Affiliated Doctoral Fellowships:
Eligible Countries: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, applicants must have completed, as of December 31, 2018, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in:
- The master’s program for which they are requesting funding; or
- The doctoral program for which they are requesting funding if they were admitted into a doctoral program directly from their bachelor’s program (they were never registered in a master’s program, or are registered in a combined Master’s-PhD program); or
- A master’s program, but are requesting funding for a doctoral program (an example is a student who is fast-tracked from a Master’s to a doctoral program within 12 months of starting their Master’s and is seeking funding for the first 12 months of their doctoral program).
Please note that:
- All previous studies at the graduate level, regardless of institution and discipline, will be included in determining eligibility*
- Successful applicants for Masters-level funding who plan to hold that funding as a Master’s student (first point immediately above) will not receive funding past the end of their 24th month of Master’s-level study.
- Successful applicants for Masters-level funding who plan to hold that funding as a doctoral student (second and third points immediately above) will receive a funding offer restricted to a maximum of 12 months, and they will not be considered for doctoral-level funding such as a Killam Doctoral Scholarship.
Students who will have completed more than 12 months of graduate-level studies by December 31, 2018 must apply to the doctoral-level funding competition.
*All previous months of master’s will be counted in assessing eligibility, except in cases where the previous master’s study was required by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies as a basis of admission to the applicant’s UBC graduate program. This exception may affect a small number of students from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, and the Philippines. This exception does not apply in cases where the previous master’s study was required by the applicant’s graduate program, but not by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
English Language Requirements for Affiliated Doctoral Fellowships:
English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.