Applications are invited for Canada Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at University of British Columbia. Applications are open to pursuing Postdoctoral degree for International Students in the 2019-2020 academic year. Fellowships are awarded to engage in innovative research that will enhance interdisciplinary collaborations and help establish them in leadership positions in the academic and wider community.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||12 November 2018|
|Providers||:||The University of British Columbia|
|Course Level||:||Postdoctoral research program|
|Field of Study||:||Fellowships are awarded to engage in innovative research that will enhance interdisciplinary collaborations and help establish them in leadership positions in the academic and wider community.|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Canada Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
It consists of $50,000 annual stipend for a maximum of two years, plus a travel research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Nationality for Canada Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Eligibility for Canada Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of any country can apply for these Fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: In keeping with the original spirit of the Killam Endowments, the goal of the Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships program is to bring outstanding scholars from around the world to UBC in order to engage in innovative research that will enhance interdisciplinary collaborations and help establish them in leadership positions in the academic and wider community. As such, applicants must be able to contribute fresh intellectual insights to UBC.Applicants:
- must have completed all requirements of their PhD no more than 24 months prior to the anticipated fellowship start date. Completion of PhD requirements refers to the date that the applicant completed all the steps required for obtaining their degree. Although these requirements may vary by institution and degree type, they normally include thesis defense corrections and thesis deposition. It is not the convocation date. The period of eligibility may be extended for applicants who have had their career interrupted or delayed for the purpose of childrearing, illness, or health-related family responsibilities. The interruption(s) or delay(s) must have occurred after the applicant completed all the requirements of their PhD. Note that the eligibility window will only be extended by the duration of the delay(s) or interruption(s), to a maximum of one year. Justification for the extension must be provided in the Special Circumstances attachment.
- must not have pursued PhD-level studies at any campus of the University of British Columbia.
- must not currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a university or college. Applicants who currently hold a temporary, term or non-tenure track faculty appointments are eligible to apply.
- may be citizens of any country; though there are no restrictions regarding the nationality of applicants, successful candidates must be able to meet all Canadian immigration requirements
Fellowships are tenable only at UBC, and fellows are expected to make the UBC campus their base while holding the fellowship, apart from necessary research trips (no more than three months in each year of the fellowship).
English Language Requirements for Canada Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowship:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.