Applications are invited for OAS Scholarships in Canada. Applications are open for international students to pursue undergraduate and graduate for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 May 2018|
|Providers||:||Organization of American States|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate and Graduate|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of OAS Scholarships :
- The University shall provide a scholarship award in the amount of 10% tuition fee, applied directly to the scholarship recipient’s account in two separate instalments, 5% in the first year of enrollment and 5% in the second year of enrollment.
- Scholarship recipients are eligible for consideration for the University Admission Scholarships as defined on the University’s Office of the Registrar website.
Non-professional Graduate Programs:
- The University shall cover the total tuition cost of Scholarship Recipients enrolled in non-professional/course-based master’s Programs or a research doctoral Program, and for research, doctoral programs shall also pay these Scholarship Recipients CAD $13,000.00 each year they are enrolled in the Program of study.*
- The scholarship recipients of Bahamian citizenship may also qualify to receive additional funding from the Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas through the OAS-GOB scholarship program.
Eligibility for OAS Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of) Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana. Haití, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay Peru, Nevis Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of) The Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay and Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) can apply for the scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, an applicant must:
- Provide OAS with an admission letter from Western University.
- This scholarship opportunity is open to new applicants as well as current students from OAS member states who are not an OAS-Western scholarship recipient.
- Submit a complete scholarship application to OAS with all required supporting documents
- Be a citizen and/or permanent legal resident of any OAS member state, except Canada.
- Applicants from Argentina must fill out a required form through the following link.
Scholarship recipients of Bahamian citizenship who wish to also apply for the OAS-Government of the Commonwealth of The Bahamas Scholarship Program can only pursue Programs in the following areas:
- Undergraduate Arts & Humanities, Engineering, Information & Media Studies, Science, Social Science, Management and Organizational Studies, Health Sciences, Education.
- D. and Master’s; Non-professional degrees only: Anthropology, Visual Arts, Engineering, Library & Information Science, and Psychology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the Universities’ English Language Requirements.