Applications are invited for University of Victoria Scholarships in Canada. Applications are open for international students to pursue postdoctoral for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 April 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Victoria|
|Field of Study||:||Indigenous Education|
Benefits of University of Victoria Scholarships:
The position is salaried at $48,940 per annum and available after June 1, 2018, until filled.
Eligibility for University of Victoria Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Completed a PhD in a discipline relevant to Indigenous language revitalization, including but not limited to education, linguistics, anthropology, public health, language assessment, etc. Ideally, but not necessarily, the PhD will have been completed in the four years immediately prior to the start.
- Lived experience in an Indigenous community
- Knowledge of an Indigenous language
- Demonstrated research experience related to Indigenous language revitalization, adult language learning, or similar fields
- Participation in the community
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with excellent communication skills
- Willing to work or regularly meet on site at UVIC (negotiable)
- International applicants: Interested applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada will need to apply for a work permit and/or visa in order to come to Canada for their fellowship. Obtaining these documents is the applicants’ responsibility and the process can take up to several months or more depending on where you are from. Information on work permits and other requirements can be found at Citizen and Immigration Canada (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index?can.asp). UVic has immigration guidelines to help plan for a potential position at https://www.uvic.ca/immigration/.
English Language Requirements: Fellows must have knowledge of an Indigenous language.
19,492 total views, 3 views today