Applications are invited for Fully Funded Sun Yat-sen University Scholarships in China. Applications are open for international students to pursue undergraduate for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 April 2018|
|Providers||:||Sun Yat-sen University|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of Fully Funded Sun Yat-sen University Scholarships :
- 1) Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: RMB 56,000 yuan/person/academic year(including tuition fee RMB 26,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- (2) Science and Engineering Majors: RMB 63,800 yuan/person/academic year(including tuition fee RMB 33,800 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- (3) Medical Science Majors: RMB 78,000 yuan/person/academic year (including tuition fee RMB 48,000 yuan/person/academic year and living allowance RMB 30,000 yuan/person/academic year)
- The tuition fee in the scholarship will be deducted directly; thus the scholarship recipient won’t have to pay the tuition fee. Accommodation fee and comprehensive insurance for international students will be deducted from the living allowance in the scholarship, and the remaining amount will be transferred to the individual bank account of the recipient every month after enrolment and registration. However, the recipient shall be responsible for the fees of visa application, round-trip air tickets and physical examination, and all other fees.
Eligibility for Fully Funded Sun Yat-sen University Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
(1) Applicants should be non-Chinese with a valid foreign passport, and meet requirements in the “Notice of Regulating Admission of International Students in Colleges and Universities” (83).
(2) Applicants should be in good health and aged between 18 to 25 (date of birth between 1st January 1993 to 30th August 2000).
(3) Applicants should be friendly towards China, law-abiding, studious and well-conducted, without any records of a violation of Chinese laws, regulations or school rules.
(4) Applicants should be high school graduates, with their grades ranking among the top, or with excellence in social services, sports, music, cultural activities or leadership.
(5) Language Proficiency:
- Liberal Arts, Economics and Managerial Science Majors: HSK 5 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates;
- Science, Engineering and Medical Science Majors: HSK 4 Certificate (with 180 points or above) or other equivalent Chinese Learning Certificates;
- Applicants who complete high school education with Chinese as the language of instruction should submit certificates of Chinese language proficiency issued by their schools and can be exempted from providing HSK Certificates after SYSU’s verification;
- Outstanding applicants who apply for the programme without adequate Chinese language proficiency must take a Chinese preparatory course for one academic year. Upon the completion of the course and the satisfaction of the language entry requirements, they can begin their undergraduate studies with Chinese as the language of instruction.
(6) Applicants should obtain a recommendation letter issued by the recommendation institutions* (refer to Appendix 1 for details) and be responsible for its authenticity.
2,503 total views, 10 views today