Schwarzman Scholars is a highly-selective, fully-funded scholarship program designed to ensure that the next generation of business, political, and civil society leaders can effectively serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world. Anchored in an 11-month professional Master’s Degree in Global Affairs at Beijing’s prestigious Tsinghua University, the Schwarzman Scholars experience encompasses unparalleled opportunities in and outside of the classroom, including extensive leadership training, a network of senior mentors, practical training/internships, and travel seminars around China.
Schwarzman Scholars aims to build a professionally diverse cohort each year and welcomes undergraduates, graduates, and young professionals up to age 28 of any citizenship who are proficient in English and have obtained an undergraduate degree. Eligible applicants from any field who can articulate how the experience in China will help develop their skills as leaders are invited to apply.
- The extraordinary students selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will receive a comprehensive scholarship. It will include:
- Tuition Fees
- Room and board
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year
- An in-country study tour
- Required course books and supplies
- Lenovo laptop and smartphone
- Health insurance
- A personal stipend of $3,500
- Undergraduate degree or first degree from an accredited college or university or its equivalent. Applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements by August 1, 2018 before orientation begins.
- Candidates must be at least 18 but not yet 29 years of age as of August 1, 2018.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong English skills, as all teaching will be conducted in English. If the applicant’s native language is not English, official English proficiency test scores must be submitted with the application.