Applications are invited for DAAD Research Grants in Germany. Application is open for international students for this scholarship in 2018.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||4 November 2017|
|Field of Study||:||Grants are awarded to highly qualified doctoral candidates and graduates who have admission to a doctoral program at the time they begin their grant-supported research.|
Benefits for DAAD Research Grants:
Grants will cover the following:
- Monthly stipend for doctoral candidates in Germany: EUR 1,000.
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- One-time research allowance.
- Travel and accommodation expenses according to the German Federal Travel Expenses Law for supervising university teachers for one trip of up to 10 days.
Eligibility for DAAD Research Grants:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- US or Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Foreign nationals who live in the US/Canada by the time of application deadline must have gained their last degree in the US/Canada or will be gaining it before the beginning of their funding period.
- All other foreign nationals may need to apply via a different DAAD office.
- Applicants may not have been living in Germany for more than 15 consecutive months by the time of application deadline.
- If you are a German national, you must have been residing in the US/Canada for 6 continuous years at the time of the application deadline. Please call our office to make sure you are eligible.
Nationality for DAAD Research Grants: US and Canadian applicants or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
5,228 total views, 64 views today