Applications are offered for Freigeist Fellowships for International Researchers in Germany. Volkswagen Foundation is offering fellowship in all disciplines. Ten to fifteen fellowships for researchers will be awarded per year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||11 October 2018|
|Course Level||:||Research Scholarship|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Freigeist Fellowships for International Researchers:
Ten to fifteen fellowships will be awarded per year. The initial funding period is five years; depending on the field of research and career experience, projects in a total amount of up to 1,000,000 Euro can be applied for:
- The Fellow’s position (salary scale TV-L 14, comparable to similar junior research group leaders)
- Positions for scientific personnel (doctoral students, PostDocs)
- Non-personnel costs relevant to the project (e. g. consumables, travel expenses, equipment)
Important for Volkswagen Foundation Freigeist International Fellowships:
- The Foundations does not grant any overheads.
- In case the maximum amount of funding has not been fully taken up with the initial application, additional funds (so called modules) can be applied for during the course of the Fellowship to provide flexible support (e. g. for personnel, resources, sojourns abroad, cooperation measures, translations, workshops, stays at institutions representing other research fields). Applications for these modules should be submitted – if possible – within the context of annual reporting on the funded project.
- A second funding period of up to three years may be provided. This requires a positive evaluation (by the Foundation), generally at the end of the fourth year, and a clear perspective for a permanent position for the Fellow at the host institution. The maximum funding for this second period amounts up to 400,000 Euro.
Number of Scholarships: Ten to fifteen fellowships will be awarded per year.
Nationality: All nationalities
Eligibility for Freigeist Fellowships for International Researchers:
Eligible Countries: The funding scheme is open to early-stage researchers of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Anyone can apply who identifies with the goals of a ‘Freigeist’ Fellowship and whose proposed research project fits in with the aims pursued by the Freigeist initiative. Candidates must, however, conform to the following conditions:
- Their doctorate must have been obtained not longer than five years previously (with regard to the date of the defense relative to the deadline of the initiative).
- The Fellowship must from the outset be integrated within a university or an extra-mural research institution in Germany.
- Candidates must already have changed their academic environment and moved to a new location – at the latest when starting the Fellowship. A return to the working context of the doctorate will only be accepted under exceptional circumstances.
- A previously completed research sojourn abroad, at the latest, integrated into the proposed research project.
English Language Requirements for Volkswagen Foundation Freigeist International Fellowships:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
1,892 total views, 4 views today