Applications are invited for Germany Merit scholarships for international students at University Hamburg in 2019. Applications are open for international students to pursue Bachelor, Masters and PhD degree in the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||15 October 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Hamburg|
|Course Level||:||The merit scholarship is open to international students twenty-nine years or younger pursuing a magister, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, or those thirty-three years or younger pursuing a doctoral degree.|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of Germany Merit scholarships for international students:
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €650. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totaling €1,000 per month (e.g., through a DAAD STIBET doctoral scholarship).
- Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). After 6 months of funding, you must submit a report on the progress of your studies and your internationalization activities for Universität Hamburg.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Eligibility for Germany Merit scholarships for international students:
Eligible Countries: Doctoral candidates from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- Are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters;
- Do not hold German citizenship;
- Are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG);
- Demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- are prepared to get actively involved in Universität Hamburg’s internationalization;
- will reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period;
- are in financial need.
English Language Requirements for Germany Merit scholarships for international students:
If English is not your first language you will need to meet the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.