Applications are invited for University of Ghana Scholarships in Ghana. Applications are open for international students to pursue Postgraduate for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 March 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Ghana|
|Field of Study||:||Public Health and Social Science|
Benefits of University of Ghana Scholarships:
The scholarship is tenable at the University of Ghana, School of Public Health and covers:
- One round return economy airfare between the home country of the student and Accra, Ghana.
- Tuition and academic user facility fees;
- Basic medical and accident insurance;
- Monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation equivalent to local living cost; and
- Support for research project/thesis expenses during data collection.
Eligibility for University of Ghana Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible. Applicants must be from low- and middle-income countries within the WHO Afro Region.
List of Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros , Congo, Ivory Coast, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique ,Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Nationals and residents from low- and middle-income countries (data.worldbank.org/about/country-and-lending-groups) of WHO African Region.
- Applicants should normally be under 35 years old at the time of application for the for the Master’s programme.
- Meet the standard University admission requirements for international graduate students.
- For postgraduate admission requirements at the University of Ghana, visit the how to apply to postgraduate programmes page.
*Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only applicants from low- and middle-income countries of WHO African Region are eligible.
Please take note that the language of instruction is English
English Language Requirements: Applicant must have good knowledge of English, both written and verbal.