The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is organizing Research Fellowships for Indian and Canadian students. These fellowships are awarded to apply for research in fields in which applicants may desire research experience in Canada or India.
The aim of the Research Fellowships is to provide an opportunity for a transformative cultural and educational experience.
The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute is a bi-national non-profit organization with registered charity status in Canada. The Institute supports the creation of binational links between academia, government, the business community and civil society organizations by funding research and hosting seminars.
|Deadline||:||23 July 2017|
|Study in||:||Canada and India|
|Providers||:||The Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
- These fellowships will cover $500 per week
Numbers of Scholarships: Twelve fellowships are available.
Eligibilities for Research Fellowships
Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- An applicant should have completed one year of Bachelor degree and minimum of one semester or 6 months of Masters from an Indian or Canadian University/ Institution with at least 55% marks. The final year or last semester student has to provide proof for the internship required for that particular degree.
- Students pursuing M. Phil should have completed minimum of 1 semester of the degree/course.
- The applicant’s University/Institution must be from member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. A list of SICI member institutions is available.
- The applicant should not have another degree from a Canadian university or be enrolled in a Canadian degree program.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- The applicant must be a citizen or a permanent resident of India or Canada.
- Official Transcripts (student applicants only) to be sent directly from the university for all years of completed study.
- The applicant should demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English, and should preferably be in the age group of 21-25 years.
Nationality: Indian and Canadian students can apply for these fellowships.
1,533 total views, 3 views today