Applications are invited for Post-Doctoral Fellowship at The University of Pisa in Italy. Applications are open for Italian and international researchers in the 2019/2020 academic year. 142 research scholarships are available.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||20 September 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Pisa|
|Course Level||:||Postdoctoral degree|
|Field of Study||:||FUV aims at accelerating the transition toward Precision/Personalized Medicine and supports the highest quality research projects (whether fundamental, translational, or clinical) designed to identify novel approaches to the PREVENTION, EARLY DETECTION and DIAGNOSIS, and TREATMENT of human diseases in the fields of Oncology, Cardiovascular Diseases, Neuroscience and Life Style for Disease Prevention.|
Benefits for Post-Doctoral Fellowship:
- The total amount of each 12-month fellowship grant is € 28,500 (before tax) or € 15,000 euro (before tax) for 6-month travel grants. The fellowship is only meant to pay the researcher’s salary and cannot be used to cover other expenses (lab reagents and supplies, etc.). The fellowship will be paid directly to the awarded candidate on her/his personal bank account.
- Part of the gross salary will be directed to tax coverage (IRPEF, Italian regional retains), so the net amount will be roughly equal to € 22,200 or € 11,700, respectively. FUV fellowships do not pay for retirement contributions, such as INPS.
- The fellowship can be terminated at any time by giving timely notice (at least 15 days before interruption) to FUV by email at: borse-at-fondazioneveronesi.it
- The fellowship cannot be combined with any other form of bursary; similarly, the fellowship is not compatible with either temporary or permanent employment by any other Institution; the fellowship is compatible with forms of funding other than the above, provided that they do not exceed a total of € 10,000 (before tax) per annum.
- Our Fellowship guarantees to each researcher an insurance covering permanent disabilities resulting from a workplace-related accident or disease, fatal accidents and a partial reimbursement of medical expenses. Please note that all expenses covered by the DGL 81/2008 (Attuazione dell’articolo 1 della legge 3 agosto 2007, n. 123, in materia di tutela della salute e della sicurezza nei luoghi di lavoro) are under the responsibility of the hosting institute. Please state clearly in the acceptance letter that the hosting institute agrees to this clause.
Nationality: These fellowships are available for foreign and Italian students.
Number of Scholarships for Post-Doctoral Fellowship:
The Veronesi Foundation provides for the year 2019 142 research scholarships for 12 months.
Eligibility for Post-Doctoral Fellowship:
Eligible Countries: These fellowships are available for foreign and Italian students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
o Experimental research. Italian and foreign researchers holding a scientific degree in Medicine, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Computation Biology, Physics, Mathematics. Postgraduate qualification(i.e., specialization or PhD) in health-related fields is required. Selected candidates must carry out their research project in leading Italian institutions.
o Clinical research. Italian and foreign medical doctors. Candidates must hold a degree in Medicine and have clinical research experience and post-graduate qualification (i.e., specialization or PhD). Selected candidates must carry out their work in leading Italian Research-Hospitals and shall – based on their expertise – become members of specialized clinical teams, led by top-level referents. Please make sure that all qualifications held by foreign candidates are equivalent to their Italian counterparts, in order for them to be able to see patients in Italy. Candidates who do not fulfil the legal requirements to work as clinicians in Italy will be excluded from the evaluation procedure. Please be explicit in the Letter of Acceptance by the Hosting Institute that the candidate meets the legal criteria to work as a clinician.
The 12-month fellowships will only be awarded to researchers (Italian or foreigners) for research work at Italian institutions. There are no fellowships available for research work outside of Italy.
6-month fellowships (TRAVEL GRANTS).
Travel grants are limited to Italian citizens working in Italy at the time of application. Candidates should preferably hold a scientific degree such as Medicine, Biological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Physics or Mathematics. Post-graduate qualification (specialization or PhD) in a health-related field is mandatory.
For all the fellowships:
– Candidates must have officially obtained a PhD or specialization degree not later than 31st December 2018.
– All candidates (except women with children, see below) must be under the age of 43 on 1st January 2019. If awarded, the candidate will be asked to confirm in writing that he/she meets these requirements.
– Women with children are allowed to count one extra year per child. If awarded, the candidate will be asked to provide a “family certificate”.
English Language Requirements for Post-Doctoral Fellowship:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.