Applications are invited for University of Trento Scholarships in Italy. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||16 May 2018|
|Providers||:||University of Trento|
|Field of Study||:||Mathematics|
Benefits of University of Trento Scholarships :
- The annual gross amount of the research fellowship is € 22.800,00, including social security contributions to be paid by the recipient..
Eligibility for University of Trento Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: Italian and foreign students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applications for doctoral positions are accepted from applicants, regardless of gender, age and nationality, who hold:
- an Italian “Laurea Magistrale”, according to the Ministerial Decree no. 270 of 22.10.2004 and subsequent amendments, or
- an equivalent Italian university degree (previous regulations in force, “specialistica”, AFAM), or
- an equivalent foreign degree (Master’s degree) obtained at an officially acknowledged academic institution, valid for admission to PhD studies in the Country of issue (except for substantial differences) and similar (duration and level) to the Italian degree, recognized as equivalent by the Admissions Committee for the sole purpose of access to the present PhD Programme2 .
- Applications are also accepted from students expecting to obtain the necessary degree by October 31, 2018. Admission to the Doctoral Programme for successful applicants who have not yet graduated will be “conditional” and the applicant will have to submit to the Doctorate Office S&T (via email to PhD.office-st-at-unitn.it) by November 6, 2018, on penalty of exclusion, awarding certificate or a self-declaration (by using Annex A).
- Applicants with a foreign qualification that has not been officially recognised as equivalent3 to an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica/vecchio ordinamento) will be considered as requesting equivalence in their application, attaching the necessary supporting documents. The eligibility of foreign academic degrees is assessed by the Admissions Committee, following the rules in force or the international treaties on recognition of academic qualifications. The Admissions Committee may require the applicant to provide additional documentation if deemed necessary for the purpose of assessing the suitability.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University