Applications are invited for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships in Japan. Applications are open for international students to pursue the undergraduate, masters and Ph.D. degree at the Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation in the 2019-2020 academic year. Up to 15 scholarships are available.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||15 December 2018|
|Providers||:||Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. degree program|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships:
For April enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in April 2019
For fall enrollment: Scholarship payment begins in October (or September) 2019
(1)Undergraduates 100,000 yen per month
(2)Master’s students 140,000 yen per month
(3)Doctoral students 140,000 yen per month
*Research students are not eligible.
Supplemental for Airfare?
A single one-way-airfare-to-Japan is reimbursed at orientation, after arrival in Japan. Successful applicants must submit documentation showing the one-way-airfare-to-Japan. Only the economy class fee is covered.
*This scholarship is not full-covered, so tuition and enroll fee can NOT be paid by us.
*The application guideline is judged based on the one written in Japanese.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately Fifteen persons.
Nationality: International students (Non-Japanese)
Eligibility for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: International students (Non-Japanese) are eligible for these Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Overseas students meeting all of the following requirements are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan or be residing in Japan.
- Letter of Success or Permission for Pre-arrival Admission in Japanese University or Graduate School Have either obtained or be in the process of applying for pre-arrival admission approval or letter of success from the university or graduate school (under MEXT jurisdiction) to which you wish to enter as a degree student, and be scheduled for April 2017 or October (September) 2017 enrollment. If the applicants come to Japan to have the entrance examination (e.g., to take a written exam or interview), they must return to their residing country to apply for the scholarship. Those who enroll in undergraduates must submit a copy of admission, and those who enroll in graduate schools must submit a letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor/professor in Japanese graduate schools of their choice. If not submitted, their application will be rejected
- Scholastic and Health Requirements- Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
- Japanese Language Ability: As the page 6-7 shows, there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university / graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving in Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.
English Language Requirements for Rotary Yoneyama Scholarships:
There are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the Rotary District where applicants’ targeted the university/graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving in Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese Rotarians.