Applications are invited for Honjo International Scholarships in Japan. Applications are open for international students to pursue a postgraduate degree at a Japanese university in 2019-2020 academic year. Up to 15 to 20 scholarships will be awarded.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||31 October 2018|
|Providers||:||Honjo International Scholarship Foundation|
|Course Level||:||Master and Ph.D. degree|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Benefits for Honjo International Scholarships:
The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Number of Scholarships for Honjo International Scholarships:
15 to 20 scholarships are available.
Nationality: International students (except Japan)
Eligibility for Honjo International Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: International students (except Japan) can apply for these Honjo international scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: (To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy all of the required criteria below.)
1. The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2019.
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional graduate school are not applicable, however, those who can submit a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1983. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1988.
5. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have a strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
6. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
7. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
English Language Requirements for Honjo International Scholarships:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.