By offering them a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation.
Kyushu University, abbreviated to Kyudai, is a Japanese public university located in Fukuoka, Kyushu. It is the 4th oldest university in Japan and one of the former Imperial Universities
|Deadline||:||31 May 2017|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate and graduate programme|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Grants are as follows in principle.
1) Travel expenses: Travel expenses up to 100,000 yen, will be covered (actual costs). However, this depends on the budget of Kyushu University. The details are as follows:
- Round-trip economy air ticket via the most direct route between Fukuoka and the location of the recipient’s university. Air tickets and transportation fees in the recipient’s home country will not apply unless receipts and other proof of purchase are made.
- Incidental Expenses Only expenses incurred through visas, travel taxes, and airport taxes will be borne by Kyushu University. In the event that receipts and proof of payment are not submitted, these expenses will not be covered.
Number of Scholarships: About 5 people. (Depends on the budget.)
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Scholarships are open to students from abroad who attend prestigious universities in their home country.
- Students who are enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
- Terms of Study should be more than 3 months and less than 12 months. (In the case of Double Degree Program students, terms of study can be more than 12 months.)
- Students who can be accepted by an undergraduate school or graduate school of Kyushu University as a status listed in “Visa” part. (Students have to take a procedure separately to be exchange students of Kyushu University.)
- Students who can pay the tuition fee when they come from non-Japanese universities which don’t have an agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University.
International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirement:Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.