VU University Amsterdam is pleased to offer fellowships to international students of high academic ability for 2017-2018 entry. Fellowships are awarded to undertake postgraduate degree programme at the university.
University aims to assist students who require financial assistance with fellowships, specifically for overseas students.
VU University Amsterdam is a remarkable university with Christian roots, one which is involved with people and society. It is an open and internationally oriented academic community. It is a university that seeks renewal and which succeeds in making good use of the strength of the variety of academic disciplines, nationalities, ideologies and social convictions that exist in its environment.
|Deadline||:||1 February 2017|
|Providers||:||University of Wollongong (UOW)|
|Course Level||:||Masters degree|
|Field of Study||:||Fellowship is awarded in all subjects offered by VU University.|
The VU Fellowship Programme (VUFP) is a Merit scholarship programme for strongly motivated students with excellent study results. Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, and they must be admitted to an English taught Master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Students with the Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree (given that the Dutch degree is used for admission) are not eligible for admission. Students following a one-year Master’s programme may not apply for the VUFP scholarship for a second year. Students already enrolled in a two-year Master’s programme who have not been awarded the VUFP scholarship in 2016/2017 are not eligible to apply for the VUFP scholarship 2017/2018. Only if a student was granted a scholarship from the beginning, then the scholarship can be extended if he/she achieved 80% of the credits. The Faculty VUFP committee will be asked to demonstrate to the Central VUFP committee that these credits have indeed been achieved.
Nationality: International students (who do not have Dutch nationality) are eligible for this VU Fellowship Programme.
Entrance Requirement: Eligible candidates must be able to prove their academic excellence, and they must be admitted to an English-taught master’s degree at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam. Students with the Dutch nationality and/or a Dutch degree (given that the Dutch degree is used for admission) are not eligible for admission.
Test Requirement: Not Required
English Language Requirements: The minimum English language proficiency requirements for admission to a master’s programme at VU University Amsterdam are:
- IELTS: 6.5 – please note that candidates must take the academic test and not the General one!
- TOEFL paper-based test: 580
- TOEFL Internet-based test: 92-93
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): A, B, C
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): A, B, C
- Vu-test English-language proficiency: TOEFL ITP
- Some programmes have higher language proficiency requirements. Please see the webpage of programme for exact language proficiency requirements.
- For TOEFL and IELTS, the test must have been completed no more than two years before 1 September of the year in which course starts.
- For TOEFL and IELTS, the Test Institute can forward the results directly to our office. The institutional TOEFL code of VU is 7947.
760 total views, 1 views today