The University of Auckland is pleased to offer Summer Research Scholarships to conduct a research project under supervision for 10 weeks over the summer months. Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to provide financial help to Domestic and international students.
The University of Auckland is the highest ranked New Zealand University in the main world university rankings. The University of Auckland has been ranked internationally as New Zealand’s leading university for Graduate Employability.
|Deadline||:||30 July 2017|
|Study in||:||New Zealand|
|Providers||:||The University of Auckland|
|Course Level||:||This is a summer research scholarship 10 weeks long between December 2017 and February 2018. Your actual starting and finishing dates must be agreed by the project supervisor.|
|Field of Study||:||Scholarship is available for following research projects:|
- $6,000 tax-free stipend.
- Get a taste of postgraduate research and help you think about pursuing postgraduate study.
- If you are new to the University of Auckland or New Zealand, you can experience studying here and living in Auckland.
- Improve your career opportunities. In some cases the scholarships lead to a career in research.
- Develop research networks and collaborate with leading researchers.
- Some summer scholars co-author presentations at international conferences and academic journal articles.
- Exposure to authentic case studies.
- Participate in project meetings.
- Practice data collection, analysis, literature reviews, interviewing techniques and mind mapping.
- Learn to use specialised software.
- Acquire specialist laboratory and presentation skills.
Eligibilities for Research Positions
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The scholarship is open to high-achieving domestic and international students who are enrolled in a New Zealand or international university and have the potential to succeed in postgraduate study.
Nationality: Domestic and international students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.