University of Auckland Scholarships for International Students in New Zealand
Applications are invited for University of Auckland Scholarships in New Zealand. Applications are open for international students to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||4 May & 21 Nov. 2018|
|Study in||:||New Zealand|
|Providers||:||University of Auckland|
|Course Level||:||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of University of Auckland Scholarships:
- Up to $10,000 for both postgraduate study and undergraduate study
Eligibility for University of Auckland Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The Scholarships will be known as the University of Auckland International Student Scholarships.
- Up to 45 Scholarships will be awarded annually and will be of the value of up to $10,000 each for postgraduate and undergraduate study.
- New international students who have received an unconditional offer, or English Language Academy (ELA) students who have received a conditional offer, of study to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma or Masters (taught) of 120 points or more, or an undergraduate degree (applying with overseas secondary or post-secondary qualifications) at the University of Auckland are eligible for consideration for this scholarship. Students who have already commenced study at the University of Auckland will not be eligible to apply.
- The Scholarships are tenable for international students (see Note vi).
- The basis of selection will be academic merit, the quality of the letter of application and endorsement by the applicant’s referee (see Note iii). The country of origin of the applicant may be considered by the selection committee to align with the University’s strategic aims.
- The Scholarships will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of a selection committee comprising the Deputy Vice Chancellor Strategic Engagement (or nominee), the Director International (or nominee), and two faculty representatives from the International Committee.
- The Scholarships will be paid as a compulsory fees credit towards the first semester of study at the University of Auckland (see Note iv).
- The Scholarships may not be deferred until the following semester. A new Scholarship application will be required.
- The Scholarships may not be held concurrently with any other award or grant.
- The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to amend or vary these Regulations, provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarships.
- Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 21 November and 4 May each year.
- Notes [i]-[vi] below are deemed to be regulations.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.