Applications are invited for NMBU Scholarships in Norway. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||05 June 2018|
|Providers||:||Norwegian University of Life Sciences|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits of NMBU Scholarships:
- The position is placed in government pay scale position code 1017 PhD. Fellow, wage framework 20 (salary grade 36-62). PhD. Fellows are normally placed in pay grade 51 (NOK 443 900) on the Norwegian Government salary scale upon employment and follow ordinary meriting regulations.
- Employment is conducted according to national guidelines for University and Technical College PhD scholars.
Eligibility for NMBU Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The successful applicant must meet the conditions defined for admission to a PhD programme at NMBU. The applicant must have an academically relevant education corresponding to a five-year Norwegian degree programme, where 120 credits are a master’s degree level. The applicant must have a documented strong academic background from previous studies, and be able to document proficiency in both written and oral English. For more detailed information on the admission criteria please see the PhD Regulations and the relevant PhD programme description.
The applicant must document expertise and interest in the research subject.
Required Academic qualifications
- A relevant Master degree in Robotics, Control, Computer Science or Engineering Cybernetics with an average grade B or better as measured in ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) grades.
- Proficiency in robotics and control.
- Proficiency in mathematical modelling, statistical methods.
- Hands-on experience from implementing algorithms on real systems.
- Excellent programming skills
Desired Academic qualifications
- Experience with ROS and python/C++
- Machine learning, artificial intelligence.
- Construction of robots, hands-on experience in building robotic systems.
- Experience with cobots, HMI, etc
Required personal skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English
- Result-oriented and highly motivated
- High work capacity
- Ability to collaborate
Desired personal skills
- Establish research networks,
- Work independently under varying conditions
- Create a good atmosphere in the research group
English Language Requirements: Proficiency in both spoken and written English is required.
7,034 total views, 6 views today