Applications are invited for BIST Postdoctoral International Fellowship Programme at Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology in Spain. Applications are open for international students to pursue the PROBIST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program in the 2019-2020 academic year. The program will fund 61 fellowships of 3 years duration, distributed in 4 calls until the end of 2019.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||26 November 2018|
|Providers||:||Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology (BIST)|
|Field of Study||:||Fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).|
Benefits for BIST Postdoctoral International Fellowship Programme:
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:
• An annual gross salary of 36.000€ plus a single payment of 1.500€ relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply),
• Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious senior researchers,
• A personalized career development plan,
• A training programme for scientific and transferable skills.PROBIST fellows will receive training in leadership and entrepreneurial skills and technology transfer issues, such as industrial and intellectual property, industrial collaborations, spin-off development, and other related subjects. BIST offers “Science to Business” courses with the goal to raise awareness of business opportunities and also to accelerate the transfer of technologies developed at the BIST centres to the market.
PROBIST counts with an important number of active collaboration R&D with local and international companies and research institutions. Several BIST centres are also closely associated with major research hospitals in the Barcelona area. BIST has also established extensive collaboration agreements with major technology centres in Catalonia. PROBIST fellows will be encouraged to undertake visits and short-term stays and secondments with these partners whenever relevant to their field of research.
Each BIST centre offers an internationally renowned, attractive research environment, complemented by a range of training activities that will help highly qualified young scientists to develop the skills necessary for a successful career. The high interdisciplinary nature of BIST makes it an excellent setting for fellows to access an extensive offer of scientific seminars, courses and workshops.
Number of Scholarships for BIST Postdoctoral International Fellowship Programme:
61 fellowships are available.
Nationality: All nationalities
Eligibility for BIST Postdoctoral International Fellowship Programme:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:• Mobility: To have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline (November 26th, 2018)• PhD date certificate: PhD certificate should be obtained before your incorporation at the research centre, at maximum May 1st 2019. If you have not obtained your PhD at the time to submit your application, please indicate the likely date and provide documental evidence that you will obtain it.
• Publication as first author: To have at least one publication as main author (either accepted or published) in an international reputed journal at the time of the deadline.
• Letters of reference: To have submitted two reference letters at the time of the deadline
English Language Requirements for BIST Postdoctoral International Fellowship Programme:
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.