The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is inviting applications for International PhD Fellowships Programme. These fellowships will be awarded to highly talented and motivated students with outstanding qualifications to carry out PhD in biomedicine at the CRG.
The mission of the CRG is to discover and advance knowledge for the benefit of society, public health and economic prosperity.
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, created in December 2000. It is a non-profit foundation funded by the Catalan Government through the Departments of Economy & Knowledge and Health, the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness, the “la Caixa” Banking Foundation, and includes the participation of Pompeu Fabra University.
Applicants need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English
|Deadline||:||15 January 2017|
|Providers||:||The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG)|
Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
|Fields of Study||:||Successful candidates will join research groups with top-level scientists and will carry out their research in one of the following scientific fields:
Scholarship Award: CRG fellows will benefit from the CRG Research and Training Programme, which includes
- International scientific environment. CRG is located in Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB), a cluster for biomedical research in southern Europe, which includes several other biomedical research institutions and more than 1000 researchers
- Advanced research training (training-through-research, specific scientific and technology courses and a variety of CRG seminars and CRG/PRBB conferences with international invited speakers)
- Career development activities ([email protected], INTERVALS Programme offered to PRBB residents)
- Cutting- edge advanced core facilities
- Other initiatives and activities organised by the PRBB and CRG
- Student community activities (Annual Retreat & Annual Symposium)
Eligibility: Candidates should fulfil the following eligibility criteria at the time of the call deadline. If it becomes clear before, during or after the evaluation phase that one or more of the eligibility criteria have not been fulfilled, the proposal is declared ineligible and is withdrawn from any further examination.
- The call is open to candidates of any nationality.
- Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree in biomedical sciences within the European Higher Education System (minimum 300 ECTS) or an equivalent University Degree that allows starting a PhD thesis in the candidate’s home country by September 2017. Candidates who expect to be awarded such degree by September 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record, previous research experience and a strong commitment to scientific research.
- Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English
- Preferably, candidates may not have worked at the CRG for more than 6 months before the call deadline.
Nationality: Candidates of any nationality can apply for these PhD fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates must have obtained a University Degree and a Masters Degree.
English Language Requirement: Candidates must have a high working knowledge of English.
How to Apply: Applications for the CRG International PhD Fellowship Programme 2017 are accepted exclusively online through online application system. Proposals must be written in English. Applicants will be asked to complete the following information on the application form:
- CV specifying education and experience (including transcripts, honours, scholarships, prizes and awards, research experience and scientific interests)
- If the certified academic transcripts are not in Catalan, Spanish or English applicants should also attach a translation in one of the above-mentioned languages.
- Details of the referees that will provide two letters of reference. Referees will send their confidential letters directly to CRG using the online application.
- Research groups to carry out the PhD project. The list of the research groups that have agreed to participate in the Programme is available on the website. Applicants should select at a minimum of 2 labs and a maximum of 5 in which they would like to work. More information on the research activities of each group can be found on the CRG web page
482 total views, 26 views today