Applications are invited for Fully Funded Gastronomy Tourism Startup Competition by The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), in collaboration with the Basque Culinary Center in Spain.
It is a global initiative that aims to identify startups with the greatest potential to outline the future and promote sustainable innovation in the tourism and gastronomy sector.
|Deadline||:||5 March 2019|
|Providers||:||World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)|
|Course Level||:||Startup competition|
|Field of Study||:||Gastronomy tourism sector (public and private sector, academia, and civil society)|
The mission for Fully Funded Gastronomy Tourism Startup Competition:
Identify challenges and projects, and catalyzing innovations that can transform the Gastronomy Tourism sector in the near future.
Awards for Fully Funded Gastronomy Tourism Startup Competition:
20 selected Start-ups will be shortlisted by a panel of international experts and stakeholders from the gastronomy tourism sector (public and private sector, academia, and civil society)
Criteria for Fully Funded Gastronomy Tourism Startup Competition:
How do we evaluate projects?
- Destination management or private management of solutions/products/services developed around gastronomy as gastronomic tourism products
- Supply-side configuration seeking the balance between sustainable development and the profitability of the project, maximizing the positive impacts on the community.
- Connection with the market and the user experience in all phases of the trip.
- The integration of sustainability in the project´s business plan, specifically the conservation of local ingredients and the relationship between culture, heritage, gastronomy, tourism, and economic growth.
Who can apply?
Startups in the Early Stage or Series A Stage
Natural or legal persons
Startups with a minimum viable product (MVP)
Startups with potential for scalability
Startups with a sustainable vision
We are looking for startups with the most disruptive ideas focused on solving real needs in the tourism and gastronomy sector with a responsible approach.
In particular, we are targeting startups that are:
- In the Early Stage or Series A Stage
- Both for-profit and non-profit
- Natural or legal persons
- Startups with a minimum viable product (MVP)
- Startups with potential for scalability
- Startups with a sustainable vision