Applications are invited for Biozentrum International PhD Fellowships Program in Switzerland. Applications are open for International Students to pursue PhD degree at Biozentrum University of Basel in the 2019-2020 academic year. Fellowships are tenable in Molecular Life Sciences.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||15 December 2018|
|Providers||:||Biozentrum University of Basel|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree|
|Field of Study||:||Molecular Life Sciences|
Benefits for Biozentrum International PhD Fellowships Program:
The “Fellowships for Excellence” cover the salary of the fellows for three years (including rotations). Should the PhD thesis exceed this time, group leaders and fellows are expected to together identify alternative funding. In addition, other incentives are offered to “Fellowships for Excellence” PhD students to support their scientific and personal growth. Currently the following perks are in place (annual changes may apply):
- A personal, annual stipend, e.g. to allow attendance of meetings, acquisition of books or computers (currently CHF 6’000 total for 3 years).
- Preferential registration for some courses in the Biozentrum Graduate Teaching program.
- Yearly study trip to a city with ties to Siemens, e.g. Berlin, Munich, St. Petersburg.
- Scientific meetings and networking opportunities with current “Fellowships for Excellence” students and alumni.
- Personal certificate of acceptance into the “Fellowships for Excellence” program.
- Support for the preparation of the personal CV and postdoctoral application by Biozentrum faculty members in the “Fellowships for Excellence” committee.
- Financial support for travel to postdoctoral interviews at the end of the PhD thesis.
Number of Scholarships for Biozentrum International PhD Fellowships Program:
10 scholarships are available.
Nationality: International students
Eligibility for Biozentrum International PhD Fellowships Program:
Eligible Countries: International students can apply for these fellowships.
Entrance Requirements: This program offers prestigious PhD fellowships that are awarded on a competitive basis, provide direct entry into the Biozentrum PhD program and offer the fellows a unique rotation-based selection of a research group of their own choice and a number of other incentives. Applicants must:
Before enrollment, applicants must either already hold or anticipate to receive a university degree that qualifies them for a PhD program at the University of Basel (MSc, Diploma, etc.). In exceptional cases, outstanding students with a BSc degree are also eligible to apply to the “Fellowships for Excellence” program; they however will have to pass additional courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance. PhD students who already have enrolled at the Biozentrum or plan to start their PhD thesis before September 1 of the same year as the open call are not eligible to apply to the “Fellowships for Excellence” program.
English Language Requirements for Biozentrum International PhD Fellowships Program:
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.