Applications are invited for Fully Funded Masters Scholarships in Tanzania at University of Daressalam in Tanzania. Application is open for International Students to pursue Masters degree in 2018-2019 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||20 November 2017|
|Providers||:||Centre for Research, agricultural Advancement, Teaching Excellence and Sustainability in Food and Nutritional Security (CREATES) at University of Dar es Salaam|
|Field of Study||:||“Sustainable Agriculture”, “Food and Nutrition Sciences”, Master of Science in Conservation Management of African Ecosystems (CMAE), “Biodiversity Conservation and Ecosystem Management”, Clinical Human Nutrition and Dietetics as well as “Global Health and Biomedical Sciences”|
Benefits for Masters Scholarships in Tanzania:
The Master´s scholarship programme will run for two years starting January 2018. All admitted students will receive a partial scholarship over this time frame. The partial scholarship will cover university fees and direct student costs (i.e., a monthly stipend at the rate of US$ 200 per month to cover living expenses (meals and upkeep allowance) while in Tanzania. Accommodation fees are being paid directly to NM-AIST which provides student hostels. Support to attend prescribed courses and/or undertake research in partner institutions will be covered as will be determined by CREATES Management Team and the respective students and supervisors. Research costs are only covered by a minimum amount and all students are required to apply for additional funding to cover their research activities.
Eligibility for Masters Scholarships in Tanzania:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants for this Master’s Degree programme scholarship should have the following qualifications, knowledge and essential attributes:
- A minimum of Upper Second Class BSc degree in Life Sciences or equivalently related fields such as Nutrition, Medicine (human and veterinary), Pharmacy, Agriculture, Agronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Ecology, etc. The BSc. degree should have been acquired from an accredited university within Africa or other International Institutions recognized by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Candidates that hold unclassified degrees (e.g. MD, BVM, and DDS) shall have at least an overall of “C” grade and an average of “B” grade in the relevant subject or field of his/her specialization.
- Be able to publish scientifically in high impact peer-reviewed international journals during the course of their studies.
- Have an interest in the above teaching and research approach and be able to work independently and in a team.
- Must be 35 years of age
- Have proven excellent English oral and writing skills
- Be willing to specialize in one of the four CREATES pillars.
- Have a high degree of computer competence and familiarity with modern statistical software
- Have the ability to work in multi-disciplinary and international teams.
- Be self-motivated and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines when required.
- Females and regional candidates are strongly and highly encouraged to apply
- Applicants must meet and fulfil minimum NM-AIST admission requirement to be considered for scholarship including filling application form and payment of application fees.
- Applicants with NM-AIST provisional/admission letters and meeting call requirement are not subjected to fill application for admission. They are required to attach their provisional/admission letter together with other required documents.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have proven excellent English oral and writing skills.
4,045 total views, 7 views today