Are you passionate about French, German or Spanish? If so, you could receive a languages scholarship of £27,500 to train as a secondary school teacher.
As a language teacher you can continue to use your language every day. You can play a part in equipping the next generation with skills employers need. Good language teachers are in demand and there has never been a better time to enter the profession, with attractive starting salaries and long-term job prospects.
Take a step towards inspiring a new generation of young people to love languages as much as you do.
|Deadline||:||18 July 2017|
|Study in||:||United Kingdom|
|Field of Study||:||Language Teaching Training|
- Receive a scholarship of £27,500 to train as a secondary school teacher.
- Those who are not successful in their Scholarship application can still continue with their Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course application and, if eligible, receive a training bursary from the DfE.
- As a Languages Teacher Training Scholar, you will, in addition to the financial support, receive access to mentor support and a range of professional development opportunities and resources.
- As a language teacher you can continue to use your language every day.
- You can play a part in equipping the next generation with skills employers need.
- Attractive starting salaries and long-term job prospects in the profession.
- To be eligible to apply, you must have one of the following in French, German or Spanish.
- 2:1, or predicted 2:1
- a relevant PhD or Master’s degree, or recognised equivalent.
- Your application might have considered if you have a degree in another subject, or a 2.2 (or predicted 2.2) if you are able to demonstrate significant knowledge in the target language.
- You must meet the student finance criteria.
- To receive the scholarship you must also have secured a place on an eligible non-salaried languages teacher training scheme in England for the 2017/18 academic year by September 2017. But you can apply for the scholarship at the same time as applying for an eligible course.
- If you are unsure about your eligibility for the scholarship your chosen teacher training provider will be able to advise you.
- If you don’t meet the criteria above then take a look at the Train to teach in England section at the bottom of this page.
Eligible Regions: Not specified