Thomson Foundation Scholarships for International Journalists in UK
Applications are invited for Thomson Foundation Scholarships in UK. Applications are open for international students to pursue Scholar competition for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||01 May 2018|
|Study in||:||United Kingdom|
|Course Level||:||Scholars programme|
|Field of Study||:||Journalism|
Benefits of Thomson Foundation Scholarships:
With a mixture of master classes, workshops and practical training and a week’s placement at a leading UK media organization, this is our biggest-ever competition prize with a total value of £11,000.
Eligibility for Thomson Foundation Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: Open to Journalists worldwide.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The small print:
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- The winner is responsible for ensuring they are able to accept the prize as set out and in accordance with these terms and conditions. In the event they are unable to do so, then Thomson Foundation reserves the right to select another winner.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Thomson Foundation accepts no responsibility for entries that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm (GMT) on 1st May 2018. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- The prize is subject to a successful visa application, is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the competition and shall participate in such activity on Thomson Foundation’s reasonable request. The winner will consent to the use by Thomson Foundation of the winner’s images, name and voice for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and videos, online, including the websites hosted by Thomson Foundation), and in marketing and promotional material.
- Entrants into the competitions shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.