Applications are invited for CMU Portugal Dual Degree PhD Scholarships to pursue PhD degree in Portugal and USA. Applications is open for local and International Students.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||15 January 2018|
|Providers||:||Carnegie Mellon University (CMU)|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
Benefits for Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarships:
André Martins, who completed his Ph. D. in Language Technologies in 2011, in the scope of the CMU Portugal Program, recently received a European Research Council grant worth € 1.4 million euros. In Portugal, the student is covered by the FCT scholarship contract. When at CMU, the stipend of the student is covered by a different contract with CMU, which is also funded by FCT.
Number of Scholarships: Up to eight scholarships are available.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarships:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Any interested candidate should confirm the exact admissions procedures with Carnegie Mellon University for the specific dual degree Ph. D. Program they are interested in.
As a general guideline, students must do the following to apply for a program: (Please note that the admissions requirements will vary from department to department and the information indicated below is general.)
- Complete online application form for admission to graduate programs.
- Take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general test and have scores sent directly to CMU.
- All students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Scores are sent directly to Carnegie Mellon University.
- Submit a Resume.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- Submit official Transcripts of prior academic record, indicating the first class or equivalent standing.
On the following website – http://www.ets.org – you can register for the GRE test. In Portugal, this test can be taken in Lisbon and Coimbra. To meet the application deadline, we recommend applicants to take the required tests by September. GRE Scores are valid for five years; older scores will not be considered.
Fluency in English
The TOEFL is required for international applicants whose native language is not English.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.