Applications are invited for 2018 USRA NASA Space Animation Fellowship in USA. Applications are open for international students to study at NASA in the 2019-2020 academic year.
USRA is an independent, non-profit research corporation where the combined efforts of in-house talent and university-based expertise merge to advance space science and technology. Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree in animation, or fine arts-related field or currently enrolled in a degree program.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||Open for applications|
|Study in||:||Greenbelt, Maryland, United States|
|Course Level||:||Research scholarship for Animators.|
|Field of Study||:||The NASA Animation Fellowship is a yearlong program for animators wishing to explore the intersection of animation, motion graphics, and science. You will work with an outstanding team of animators, data visualizers, video producers, and science writers.|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Eligibility for 2018 USRA NASA Space Animation Fellowship:
Number of Scholarships: Two Positions Available.
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements for 2018 USRA NASA Space Animation Fellowship:
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in animation, or fine arts-related field or currently enrolled in a degree program.
- Experience in techniques for the production of motion graphics and 2D computer animation including storyboarding, modeling, texture mapping, compositing, and rendering.
- Experience with science or technology themes desired Experience in techniques for the production of motion graphics and 2D computer animation
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly After Effects, Photoshop
- Experience with Maya a plus
- Strong sense of composition, motion, light, and color
- Skill in translating and visualizing complex concepts and ideas
- Experience with science or technology themes a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of animation techniques including creating motion graphics, rendering, and post-production
- Knowledge of general video production techniques
- Able to work collaboratively
- Ability to give and take feedback
- Knowledge of timing, continuity, compositing
- Candidates with an interest in science, space, and science communication will find this fellowship particularly rewarding.
- Fellows will work with computers, animation and rendering software.
- Fellows work in a laboratory setting with several other animators.
English Language Requirements for 2018 USRA NASA Space Animation Fellowship:
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
1,675 total views, 7 views today