Applications are invited for 2019 Fully-Funded PhD Positions at The Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) in Germany. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD degree in the 2019-2020 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||4 January 2019|
|Providers||:||Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC)|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
Benefits of 2019 Fully-Funded PhD Positions:
PhD researchers are fully funded through an initial 3-year working contract with the MDC. In many cases contracts are extended for an additional year. All PhD researchers are expected to complete their doctoral research and thesis in 4 years. Salaries are competitive to national standards and there are no tuition fees.
Nationality: Positions are available to students all around the world.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Eligibility for 2019 Fully-Funded PhD Positions:
Eligible Countries: Positions are available to students all around the world.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants are required to hold or obtain within 6 months of the interview week a university degree equivalent to a Master Degree (?75% or German score of at least ‘good’, <2,5 of 5) including a written research thesis.
- Applicants still studying should anticipate receiving their degree not later than 6 months after the interview date.
- Graduates having completed their degree must upload with the application package a scanned copy of the certificate as well as transcript including marked coursework from the university. Students still enrolled in their undergraduate program must upload a provisional certificate stating the examination marks already obtained.
- Applicants shall at the time of interview be in the first four years of their research careers and not yet been awarded a doctoral degree, according to the European Commission’s definition of early-stage researchers.
- Please note that candidates, who have previously been invited for interviews, will not be considered for the further interview.
Language skills for 2019 Fully-Funded PhD Positions:
Applicants need to have a good command of written and spoken English, while German language skills are not required. English proficiency tests for non-native speakers are recommended such as TOEFL test with a score of 95+ (internet-based), 240+ (computer-based) or 587+ (paper-based), IELTS certificate with a band score 7.0+, or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE).
MDC Master students and MDC interns
MDC Master students and MDC interns who have been working or registered at the MDC during the past 2 years longer than 3 months until the PhD interview week at MDC, are not eligible to apply to the international MDC Program. Instead, they are considered internal students and may apply for internal PhD fellowship positions. Short-term interns who have been working or registered at the MDC for less than 3 months until interview week are eligible to apply to the Int. PhD program if they apply to a different research group. Short-term interns who wish to join the research group they have been affiliated before are not eligible for the Int. PhD Program and are recommended to apply for an internal PhD fellowship position.