930 total views, 10 views today
The Sheffield Hallam University is offering up to 30 international PhD scholarships across a range of subject areas. These scholarships are open to UK/EU and international students commencing studies in September 2017.
The university is the fourth largest university in the UK (out of 163) with 33,100 students (of whom 4,400 are the international student), 4,494 staff and 708 courses.
International students must provide evidence that they meet the minimum IELTS requirements appropriate for their field of study.
|Deadline||:||24 February 2017|
|Study in||:||United Kingdom|
|Providers||:||Sheffield Hallam University|
|Course Level||:||PhD programme|
|Field of Study||:||Fully funded scholarships: Art and Design, Biomolecular sciences, Centre for Health and Social Care Research (CHSCR), Centre for Regional Economic and Social Research (CRESR), Computing, Education, Engineering Graduate Teaching Assistantships, Humanities, Media and Communications, Sheffield Business School and Sport and Physical Activity
Fully funded collaborative scholarships – projects which are part funded by external partners: Biomolecular Sciences – Advanced forensic mass spectrometry of blood and fingermarks, Biomolecular Sciences – Bladder tissue engineering using auxetic materials, Engineering and physical sciences – Automotive cabin noise models using coupled multiphysics approach, Engineering and physical sciences – Design, preparation and characterisation of composite polymer membranes, Engineering and physical sciences – Reducing energy demand and emissions from ceramic manufacture, Engineering and physical sciences – Towards intrinsically auxetic polymers, Law and Criminology – Pathways to reintegration for female offenders in prison, Sport and Physical Activity – Characterising player movement on hybrid football surfaces and Sport and Physical Activity – The impact of NCSEM co-location on health, social and economic outcomes.
- Fully-funded scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in October 2017.
- Fully-funded collaborative scholarships – for projects which are partly funded by external partners. It will cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels for three years of full-time study, commencing in October 2017.
- Part-time, fees-only scholarships – covering your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) for five years of part-time study commencing in October 2017.
Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA)
- These programs are designed to develop the next generation of academics. They include teacher training and up to six hours’ contact time with undergraduate students each week. These scholarships cover your tuition fees (at UK/EU levels) and maintenance at Research Council UK levels, for three years of full-time study commencing in October 2017.
- All applicants should hold a strong undergraduate degree (2.1 or above) and/or a relevant masters qualification (or expectation of the same).
- University scholarships in most disciplines are open to home/EU and international applicants. However, the shortfall between international and Home/EU fees will not be covered by the scholarship and another funding source will have to be identified by international applicants to cover this.
- Part-time scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- GTA scholarships are open to home/EU applicants only.
- While teaching experience is desirable for GTA applicants, successful candidates will have the opportunity to develop their higher education teaching skills through training, practice and mentoring.
- Candidates who already hold a PhD offer from Sheffield Hallam University (to start in September 2017) are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled PhD students are not eligible.
The UK and international students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have an undergraduate degree (2.1 or above).
English Language Requirement: The TESOL Centre offers a variety of English language courses for students who need more tuition to reach the required standard. The TESOL Centre is also an IELTS Official Test Centre. English Language entry requirements are listed in the entry requirements section of the online prospectus.