Applications are invited for Fully Funded Scholarships for OAS Member in Brazil. Applications are open for international students to pursue Master or PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||30 July 2018|
|Providers||:||The American States (OAS) and the Coimbra Group of Brazilian Universities (GCUB)|
|Course Level||:||Master or PhD|
|Field of Study||:||All Subjects|
|APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS NOW|
Benefits of Scholarships for OAS Member:
- Full tuition waiver (program cost).
- The partial monthly stipend for living expenses, taking as reference the value of CAPES as the minimum. (Covered by host universities).
NOTE: The monthly stipend DOES NOT intend to cover all living expenses, the student must be prepared and have the necessary funding to complement all living expenses.
- A one-time grant of $1,200 USD to be disbursed once the student arrives at the university, to the first 150 ranked candidates.
- Free Portuguese language support.
- The benefits are available for up to 24 months for Masters and 48 months for Doctorate degrees.
Eligibility for Scholarships for OAS Member:
- Eligible Countries: Students of OAS Member State (Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica (Commonwealth of), Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Bahamas (Commonwealth of), Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Uruguay and Venezuela) can apply for these OAS scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be citizens and/or permanent residents of any OAS Member States except from Brazil*.
• Applicants must not have received other academic scholarships from the OAS or from Brazil for the same level of studies as that for which they want to apply.
• Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) to apply to a Master’s and/or a Doctorate program.
• There is no Portuguese language requirement at the application stage. Those selected to receive the scholarship must show proof of the superior intermediate level of Portuguese before completing their studies in Brazil.
• Applications will only be accepted through the online Scholarship Application Form Brazil Scholarships PAEC OAS-GCUB. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for the candidate selection process.
• Applicants must read, understand and accept the Announcement in its entirety.
*The OAS-GCUB scholarship program is not available to Brazilian citizens or permanent residents as one of the objectives of the program is to promote regional integration through the internationalization of students in highly prestigious educational institutions in Brazil.
English Language Requirements for the Scholarships for OAS Member: Proficiency in Portuguese or English is not required during the application stage. However, it is important to note that the classes will be taught in Portuguese and the study program may offer academic disciplines and activities in other languages. Each university is independent in determining the admissibility of each candidate, based on his/her academic and professional credentials.
1,561 total views, 3 views today