Applications are invited for fully funded Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in South Africa. Applications are open for international students to pursue Masters for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||13 July 2018|
|Study in||:||South Africa|
|Providers||:||The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)|
|Field of Study||:||Please see this document for a list of applicable subjects. The scholarships are only tenable in the subjects listed for each university.|
Benefits of Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in South Africa:
- The Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in South Africa
Four scholarships are available, starting in January/February 2019
The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance)
The scholarships are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses
The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started
No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families
Scholarships are for a maximum of two years
Eligibility for Commonwealth Masters Scholarships in South Africa:
- Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to citizens of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than South Africa and must not be currently resident in South Africa
- Applicants must hold an Honours degree or a four-year degree, equivalent to NQF 8 on the South African National Qualifications Framework, and with an average mark of at least 70%, and meet the minimum entry criteria of the proposed course of study
- Applicants must not be a current DHET-supported scholarship recipient
- Applicants must have applied for the identified study programme at the chosen university in South Africa on a full-time basis
- Applicants’ academic background should be aligned to the proposed field of study
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.