Applications are invited for Fully Funded ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship for research training program in India. This scholarships is open for local and international students.
The aim of this scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students.
|Providers||:||ASEAN-India Science & Technology Development Fund (AISTDF)|
|Course Level||:||Research Training Program|
|Field of Study||:||The area/ topic of research for availing AIRTF must be ASEAN centric and must be aligned with the ASEAN Plan of Action on Science, Technology, and Innovation (APASTI)-2016-2025. A copy of the APASTI is placed at Appendix-I. Fellowship will be offered for working in research topics under any of the following broad disciplines:
Award for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship:
Full financial assistance will be provided to the selected Fellows which will include the following:-
- All international travel related expenses i.e. round trip international airfare by excursion/ economy class by the shortest route from the international airport in the home country of the applicant to the international airport nearest to the host institution in India; visa fees, overseas medical insurance etc.
- A consolidated Fellowship amount of Indian Rupees (INR) 50,000 per month (non-taxable) for accommodation, meals and other miscellaneous.
- A one-time grant of INR 40,000/- for 6 months period for research contingency expenses, airport transfers, domestic travel (by road) for attending scientific events and field-trips within India, and Institutional overhead charges @ Rs. 2,500/- per month.
- The allowance as in (a), (b) and (c) will be released to the host institution in India for disbursement to the Fellow. The host Institution will arrange appropriate accommodation for the Fellow on payment basis.
- The selected Fellow is advised to take an appropriate policy for health insurance coverage for the period of stay in India. The cost for obtaining overseas insurance policy is covered and reimbursable under AISTDF.
- Individual Fellow, or his/ her government/institution, is required to bear the following costs:
i) All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure incurred to obtain passport and visa and for medical examinations and vaccinations as may be required as well as other miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/ from the international airport of departure in the home country.
ii) Salary and other related allowances in the home country, if applicable, during the Fellowship period.
- Neither the AISTDF nor the host institution in India will assume any responsibility whatsoever for the following expenditure of the Fellows during the tenure of the Fellowship:
i) Compensation in the event of death, disability or loss of personal belongings or compensation for damage caused by climatic or other conditions.
ii) Travel and other costs incurred by the dependents, who might accompany the Fellows.
Number of Scholarships: Initially to start with 100 (One Hundred) Fellowships per year shall be awarded to young scientists and researchers from the ASEAN Member States to get affiliated with Indian academic and R&D institutions. These Fellowships shall be equally distributed among ASEAN Member Country. Initially, 10 Fellowship shall be allocated for each ASEAN country. However, this number could be readjusted in accordance with the number of applicants from respective each ASEAN Member State.
Eligibility for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship:
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Applicant must be holding the nationality of any of the ASEAN Member State.
- Possess at-least a Masters Degree in any Natural Sciences or an equivalent degree in Technology / Engineering / Medicine / allied disciplines.
- Applicant should be working in a national R&D or academic institution in his/ her home ASEAN Member country. The application should be endorsed by the Head of his/ her institution confirming that if selected, he/ she will be sanctioned leave for the Fellowship period and will join his/ her duties back in the institution on completion of the Fellowship in India.
- The upper age limit for the applicant is 45 years as on date of submission of application.
- Fluency in the English language
- Indian nationals are not eligible for the Fellowship.
Nationality for ASEAN-India Research Training Fellowship: Nationals of any of the ASEAN Member State are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
3,082 total views, 3 views today