Applications are invited for Fully Funded A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) PhD Scholarship at The Singapore University of Science and Technology (SUTD) in Singapore. Applications are open to pursuing PhD degree from Computing and information science (CIS) disciplines in the 2019-2020 academic year. This scholarship is available to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||31 December of the preceding year and 31 July of the preceding year|
|Providers||:||Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree|
|Field of Study||:||Computing and information science (CIS) disciplines|
Benefits of Fully Funded A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) PhD Scholarship:
- The ACIS Scholarship provides a competitive stipend of up to S$5,000 monthly, on top of other allowances, and full tuition fees support for up to four years of PhD studies at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) or Singapore Management University (SMU).
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to four years:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance and CPF contribution (where applicable) based on the prevailing employer’s contribution rate^
|Monthly Sustenance Allowance||Amount|
|For Singapore Citizens||S$5,000|
|For Singapore Permanent Citizens^||S$4,000|
|For Non-Singapore Citizens^||S$3,750|
- Other allowances including
- Book allowance
- Computer allowance
- Conference allowance
- Miscellaneous allowance
- Thesis allowance
Support for up to 12 months of overseas attachment
Nationality for Fully Funded A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) PhD Scholarship:
This scholarship is available to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Eligibility for Fully Funded A*STAR Computing and Information Science (ACIS) PhD Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship.
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Satisfy the criteria for and gain admission to a PhD programme* in one of the following schools:
- NTU School of Computer Science and Engineering
- NUS School of Computing
- SMU School of Information Systems
- SUTD Information Systems Technology and Design Pillar
- Have obtained at least a 2nd Upper-Class Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Have strong interest to pursue a CIS research career in industry R&D labs, technology enterprises, spin-off companies and/or academia
*Applicants for thematic programmes who are applying for or have gained admission to schools/departments other than the 4 specified CIS schools may be considered for the ACIS Scholarship if their PhD project is in CIS, on a case-by-case basis.
- Artificial Intelligence & Deep Learning (I2R)
- Big Data Analytics (I2R)
- Complex Systems (SIMTech)
- Industrial Internet of Things (I2R)
- Video & Image Analytics (I2R)
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.