Applications are invited for Deakin University PhD Scholarships which are available for domestic and international students. There are two types of scholarships: the RTP scholarships (previously APA) are funded by the Australian Federal Government, while the DUPR scholarships are funded by Deakin University.
Deakin University is a university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Established in 1974, the University was named after the leader of the Australian federation movement and the nation’s second Prime Minister, Alfred Deakin.
|Deadline||:||The opening/closing dates for scholarship applications are different for each faculty/institute. The dates may vary depending on whether students are applying as a domestic or international applicant.|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree programme|
|Field of Study||:||All subjects|
These scholarships will cover the followings:
- A stipend of $26,682 per annum tax exempt (2017 rate)
- A relocation allowance from $500 to $1,500 (2017) awarded to students who are moving from interstate or overseas in order to study at Deakin
- 12 weeks paid sick leave
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition fee and overseas health coverage for international students for the duration of 4 years.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Applicants must meet Deakin’s research degree entry requirements, be enrolling full-time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component in a related field.
- Applicants who have commenced their research degree must have at least 2/3 of their equivalent candidature remaining.
- Applicants applying for Research Masters or Research Doctorate must not hold an equivalent research qualification.
The primary criterion is a high standard of Honours (a year of assessed research following an undergraduate course) or its equivalent. Equivalence could include:
- Research Master’s degree with at least 2/3 of the degree comprising a thesis graded at 80%+
- Coursework Master’s degrees or graduate diplomas that include a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words, to 80%+ standard, and research methodology units
- Comparable qualifications from international universities including a research project or thesis of 10,000 to 20,000 words and a GPA with an 80%+ standard
- Relevant postgraduate research experience
- Independently refereed journal articles, publications, or conference papers
- Professional reporting or prior learning
- Research related awards or prizes
- Other evidence of research ability.
Scholarships are available to domestic and international students.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet Deakin’s PhD entry requirements, be enrolling full time and hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a Master’s degree with a substantial research component in environmental microbiology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.