Applications are invited for Fully Funded PhD Studentship in UK. Applications are open for international students to pursue PhD for the 2018-19 academic year.
The aim of this scholarships is to encourage and support academically able and talented students.
|Deadline||:||1 July 2018|
|Study in||:||United Kingdom|
|Field of Study||:||Project title: Exploring the barriers, challenges and opportunities affecting the successful implementation of the UNICEF Baby Friendly Initiative standards into a maternity organization.|
Benefits of Fully Funded PhD Studentship:
This is a fully-funded PhD studentship which includes a stipend of £14,777 each year to support your living costs.
Eligibility for Fully Funded PhD Studentship:
- Eligible Countries: The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students. Candidates for a PhD Studentship should demonstrate outstanding qualities and be motivated to complete a PhD in 4 years and must demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic potential as measured by either a 1st class honours degree or a Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)
- An IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) for candidates for whom English is not their first language In addition to satisfying minimum entry criteria, BU will look closely at the qualities, skills and background of each candidate and what they can bring to their chosen research project in order to ensure successful completion. Applicants will be asked to submit an online application form and a proposal (c. 1500 words) outlining their understanding of the project for which they are applying, the approach they would envisage taking and what qualities they will bring to the research community.
- Current BU Doctoral students are not eligible to apply for a Studentship
- Current MRes/MPhil students can apply, subject to satisfactory completion of their Research Degree prior to being able to take up the award
- PhD Studentships cannot be used to support BU staff to complete doctoral programmes
Additional Eligibility for Fully Funded PhD Studentship
Applicant must be a midwife registered with the UK Nursing Midwifery Council.
English Language Requirements: An IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 5.5 in each component) is essential for candidates for whom English is not their first language.