The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is currently accepting applications for 36 Scholarships for PhD Programs for the academic year 2017-2018. Italian and international applicants are eligible for this IMT PhD Program.
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is a public graduate school and research institute that focus on the analysis of economic, societal, technological and cultural systems.
|Deadline||:||18 July 2017|
|Providers||:||IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree programme|
|Field of Study||:||The curriculum in institutions Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage proposes courses in Management of Cultural Heritage and Cultural Institutions, European and International Legislation on Cultural Heritage and Landscape, Art History, Museology, Technologies applied to the valorization of Cultural Heritage. Both research oriented and practice oriented courses constitute the program, which aims at educating qualified professionals operating in the concrete field of cultural management and academics. It promotes research offering the students a lively contact with different research approaches and methodologies, through case studies belonging to research fields such as Art History, Classical Archaeology and Museology.|
Number of Awards:
36; one (1) scholarship is reserved for candidates willing to write their doctoral thesis in applied economics and management under the joint supervision of a promotor from the IMT School and a promotor from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- All PhD students admitted to the PhD program are exempt from paying tuition fees, although they are still responsible for paying the yearly Regional Education Tax (currently €140.00/year);
- All PhD students are offered free meals (lunch and dinner) at the on-campus canteen;
- All scholarship recipients are provided with free accommodation in shared double rooms within the campus residential facilities.
Applications are open to candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Degree: • “Laurea Magistrale” or “Specialist” (according to DM n° 509, of November 3, 1999), or a four- or five-year degree (according to the previous rules of the Italian higher education system) obtained in Italy;
- Foreign degrees with a minimum duration equivalent to 4 years (full time). The 4-year duration should be considered a minimum but not sufficient requirement: the eligibility of degrees will be assessed by the Selection Committee.
For the selection procedure, candidates are required to upload online the documents indicated in Table 2 – Attachments to the application.
For the enrolment, candidates will be required to hand in the documents indicated in Table 4 – Documents required for enrolment.
Applicants who obtain their degree by no later than October 31st, 2017 can also apply. These candidates will be admitted to the selection procedure “with reserve” and must provide their degree certificate by the date of enrollment or they will be excluded from the program.
Knowledge of English language: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English.
Italian and international applicants are eligible for this IMT PhD Program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates are required to upload one of the following documents in Italian or English:
- For degrees obtained in Italy and/or in France, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark (Bruxelles Convention of May 25, 1987) and Germany (Italian-German Convention, ratified by the Law no. 176 of 1973): a self-declaration stating the possession of a degree, conferral date, issuing University and final grade;
- For degrees obtained in all other EU and non-EU countries: an official certificate that indicates the possession of a degree, conferral date, issuing University and final grade.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English. No knowledge of Italian is requested.