World Bank Group is delighted to announce its World Bank Group Young Professionals Program (YPP) which is a starting point for an exciting career. Citizens of member countries of the World Bank are eligible to apply for this program.
The aim of the Program is to identify candidates with technical depth and professional breadth.
Since its inception in 1963, the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program has recruited over 1,700 people from nearly 120 countries, who now range from new recruits to senior management in the World Bank Group.
|Deadline||:||28 July 2017|
|Study in||:||United States|
|Course Level||:||Young Professionals Program|
|Field of Study||:||The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others.|
Every year, around 40 applicants are accepted into the program. Young Professionals are offered a five-year renewable term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
Applicants will receive:
- Salary: As an entry-level professional in the WBG, Young Professionals are offered an internationally competitive salary, based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident and Other Insurance Programs: Young Professionals and their families (including declared domestic partners) may choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans. The WBG also provides basic life and accident insurance to all staff at no cost, and staff can elect optional life and accident insurance plans. The WBG also provides disability and Workers’ Compensation coverage to the staff at no cost.
- Pension Plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Upon separation from the WBG, either a lump sum or a pension will become payable to the staff based on eligibility.
- Relocation Benefits on Appointment: These benefits are only applicable to staff who are not residents of the Greater Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area at the time of appointment.
- Relocation Travel: The World Bank will bear the cost of one-way transportation of staff and immediate dependent family from the staff member’s residence.
- Relocation Shipment: You may choose to have the World Bank handle your shipping arrangements, or you may elect the Optional Shipment Grant.
- Relocation Grant: A one-time grant is included in the first paycheck to cover the cost of relocation.
- Mobility Premium: A financial benefit is provided for a fixed period of time to cover expenses associated with being an expatriate staff member, based on family size and nationality. This benefit is not available for U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents who are based in Washington D.C.
- Tax Allowance:S. staff receives an additional quarterly payment to cover the U.S., state and local income tax liabilities on their World Bank income. Expatriates and U.S. permanent residents do not incur U.S. income tax liability and are thus not eligible for this benefit.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers several financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
Eligibility for World Bank Group Young Professionals Program:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1984)
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to the development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
- To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Be motivated to relocate and undertake country assignments (operational stream).
Nationality: Citizens of member countries of the World Bank are eligible to apply for this program.
How to Apply for World Bank Group Young Professionals Program: The application checklist is meant to facilitate their application experience.
- Ensure that applicants use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required). Please apply only
- Provide the most current contact information. The information should be valid for a period of one year. In case your contact information changes during the selection process, it is your responsibility to email us the updated information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Attach the following documents (mandatory):
– Education Certificates/Transcripts
– Ph.D. Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable
– Application Essay
- Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in the following format: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Make sure that you are connected with a reasonable bandwidth of internet connection without any network/firewall restriction.
- Complete the application within 45 minutes to avoid system timeout.
- Do not enter any special characters in any of the application fields. Try not to copy and paste any characters/text from Microsoft Word.
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Applicants will be informed of their status as the process moves along.
2,247 total views, 10 views today